Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Interview with LJ Scar

Today we interview the undisputed sweeeeeeeet author.... LJ Scar!!!!!!! 

LJ, welcome aboard! Tell us something...:

1.       What do you do for fun?  
This question was a pet peeve for me in college when I’d meet someone and they would ask what we did for fun where I grew up in the toe jam at the bottom of Indiana. Back then my sarcastic answer was tip cows and quilt. Seriously, each day I look for amusement and steal it anyway I can. 

2.       How would your neighbours describe you? 
Renters on my right –“She be cra, cra when we dump our car garbage in her yard.” Elderly couple on my left – “Such a sweet couple, she grows pretty flowers.” Teenage son from family across street- “She can’t reverse out of her drive when my monster truck is parked on the street but she is pretty cool about it.”

3.       What bugs you most about Mondays? 
That it isn’t Friday.

4.       If you were an animal in a Zoo, what would you be and why?  
An elephant because I am partial to mud baths.

5.       Why didn’t you marry your neighbour? 
Two reasons: polygamy is illegal, and the legal age to marry is 18. Actually I kind of did. My husband was the downstairs neighbor of a close college friend.

6.       What song best describes your writing?  

Don’t Swallow the Cap by The National in particular the verse 
“I'm tired, I'm freezing, I'm dumbWhen it gets so late I forget everyone.I need somewhere to stay.Don't think anybody I know is awake.Calm down, it's alright,Keep my arms the rest of the night.When they ask what do I see,I see a bright white beautiful heaven hangin' over me.”

7.       What Kitchen utensil would you be? 
A stir stick…wait, is that a kitchen utensil?

8.       Describe all your books in one sentence, less than 30 words.
“What Happened in Between” Amidst the backdrop of college life, friendships will be formed, secrets will be revealed, mistakes will be made, lessons will be learned, and hearts will be broken…

Funny, thoughtful, and heart wrenching - "Solitude Interrupted" is the unforgettable love story of a courageous girl who overcame so much and the reckless adventurer who couldn't turn away from her.                                   

“For the Best” -Two childhood friends’ overlapping stories from their last months of high school to their early twenties center on acceptance, forgiving and the journey it takes to get there.

9.       On a scale of one to ten, rate the person reading this interview. Justify your score. 
I’d give you a 10 because you gave enough of a damn to get to question number 9.


10.     Any wise words for the reader?
If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before. – unknown

What would you like to say to the person reading your page?
LJ Scar is my pseudonym and alter-ego. She lives hillside in a tiny cottage that has a view of the mountains and the ocean on a sprawling parcel of land where all the people, dogs, and things she loves are within reach. She makes a living off the results of her imagination. She is a morning person who has great hair even after a rough night of sleep. She loves to exercise and doesn't love junk food.

Nah...but someday. In the meantime, I live outside Louisville, Kentucky with my husband, a deceptively smart old border collie/husky mix, and a loving but troublemaking English Pointer/lab mix -both are rescues. I try to think up vivid locations based off places I've lived or vacationed and dream up romances and complications from observing strangers.

11. Convince the reader to get your book now!
I write about people who seem real, get hurt, and get back up again. My fictional romances never feature billionaires, have strong females, and are set in places that I have either lived or vacationed. Readers tell me my words make them cry, make them laugh, and make them fall in love.

Check out LJ Scar's books below. 


                                     











No comments:

Post a Comment